We love this salsa made mostly with fresh garden vegetables. It’s healthy, and you can easily adjust the ingredients to suit your own tastes. —Dawn Gilson, Denmark, Wisconsin
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Garden Veg Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Garden Veg Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2012
"This salsa is awesome! So good we ate it as a side dish with out the tortilla chips."