Garden Twists Recipe
"I love to serve this in summer when carrots, onions and peppers are fresh from my garden," says Sarah Bartel of Kewaunee, Wisconsin. "If I prepare the vegetables ahead of time, I can fix supper in minutes! My whole family enjoys this satisfying dish."
- 2 medium carrots
- 2-1/4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice carrots into curls. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the carrots, onion, pepper, basil, garlic powder and pepper flakes in butter for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, water and bouillon until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta. Stir pasta and lemon juice into vegetable mixture. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Garden Twists in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p51
Reviews for Garden Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >