- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garden Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"I made these for dinner tonight and my family LOVED them!! I diced all the veggies very fine to trick my 7 year old and it worked!! I also used green onions just as a personal preference and they were amazing that way! I thought they would turn out dry as I watched them cook but were very juicy! I cooked them on a flat top griddle instead of the grill. I will definitely make these again very soon!"
"These were good! I doubled the recipe and froze the extras. Quick, healthy and easy. Great recipe!"
"These were moist and tasty. I subsituted half carrots for half of the amount of green peppers. Even if you're a vegetable eater this is a quick way to get your vegetables. I served them on flat out breads. I will definitely make these again."
"Delicious, fragrant, family-pleasers, these burgers are extraordinary. 4 generations of family - including absurdly picky eaters, deathwish dieters and crabbly in-laws - all raved. Try it as written before 'improving' the recipe."