Garden Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread on four slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
One sandwich equals 237 calories, 4 g fat ( 1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 35 mg carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 meat, 1 vegetable.