Garden Tuna Sandwiches
"This sandwich is the perfect pick when you're having a few friends over for a light, delicious lunch," comments Dani Ray of Sherman Oaks, California. The tuna filling gets its garden-fresh taste and pretty color form cucumber, green onions and shredded carrot.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread on four
- slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One sandwich equals 237 calories, 4 g fat ( 1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 35 mg carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of