"This sandwich is the perfect pick when you're having a few friends over for a light, delicious lunch," comments Dani Ray of Sherman Oaks, California. The tuna filling gets its garden-fresh taste and pretty color form cucumber, green onions and shredded carrot.
Recommended: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread on four slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Tuna Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p54
Reviews for Garden Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review