Garden Tuna Pita Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pouches (one 5 ounces, one 2-1/2 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Line pita halves with spinach and tomato; fill each with 1/3 cup tuna mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
2 filled pita halves equals 362 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,114 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.