- 2 pouches (one 5 ounces, one 2-1/2 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Line pita halves with spinach and tomato; fill each with 1/3 cup tuna mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden Tuna Pita Sandwiches
Sort By :
"My husband (and cat) love tuna, I'm a little iffy, but this was really tasty. The only thing I added was a little garlic powder. Thanks Rebecca for an alternative for plain old tuna salad!"
"bereitbach, I subbed the nonfat greek yogurt for the cottage cheese because that's what I had on hand. The yogurt gives more of a zip/tang than the cottage cheese would, but was tasty with the other fresh ingredients."
"What could be used to replace the cottage cheese in this recipe? We don't really care for cottage cheese, but we do like tuna and I would like to try this."
"i used canned instead of the pouches as i don't really care for the pouches and i doubled this recipe for our family. I also left out the cucumber as i don't care for cucumber either. I found this recipe very FRESH and loved it! It will be a regular menu item now!"
"I love this recipe. It is my new favorite tuna recipe. We ate it with the crisp cucumber salsa recipe."