This is a great dish which uses delicious summer squash and zucchini from the garden. It is very easy to make and tastes wonderful.—Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow squash and zucchini in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; transfer to a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, tomatoes, onions and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Primavera in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p320
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Tortellini Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review