I grow almost all of these ingredients in my garden. This recipe makes a large batch, but it's always gone in no time. —Barbara Mundy, Radford, Virginia
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, oil, lime juice, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Garden Salsa in Country Extra July 2001, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Garden Tomato Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review