Garden-Style Beef Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Crumble beef into a microwave-safe dish. Add onion and garlic; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon parsley and oregano; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, basil and remaining parsley. Spread 1-1/3 cups meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Layer with three noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- 4. Cover loosely and microwave at 50% power for 15-18 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 5. Microwave, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 408 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.