Everyone who has tried this fabulous lasagna dish absolutely loves it; rants and raves over it; and asks me for the recipe. People are always surprised that it can be prepared entirely in the microwave. For a change of pace, I like to add a layer of sliced zucchinis. –Micaela Miller, Corinth, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Crumble beef into a microwave-safe dish. Add onion and garlic; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon parsley and oregano; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, basil and remaining parsley. Spread 1-1/3 cups meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover loosely and microwave at 50% power for 15-18 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Microwave, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Garden-Style Beef Lasagna in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garden-Style Beef Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2015
"Our family favorite for about 30 years!"