Garden State Salad Recipe
My state is known as the "Garden State" because it produces such a bounty of fine crops, and I like this recipe because it uses so many of them.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce hear; cover and cook for 15/20 minutes or until tender but firm. Cool for 15-20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Peel and cube potatoes; transfer to a large bowl. Add the romaine, vegetables, eggs, olives and radishes. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir well. Serve with the salad. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 392 calories, 36 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC