Garden Squash Ravioli
I created this dish to make the most of an overabundance of yellow squash and zucchini from our garden. It was a hit with the whole family. It's so easy to ladle the homemade sauce over quick-cooking frozen ravioli for a satisfying dinner.
-Teri Christensen, West Jordan, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen miniature cheese ravioli
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the squash,
- zucchini, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for
- 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain ravioli; top with
- sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,026 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as