I created this dish to make the most of an overabundance of yellow squash and zucchini from our garden. It was a hit with the whole family. It's so easy to ladle the homemade sauce over quick-cooking frozen ravioli for a satisfying dinner. -Teri Christensen, West Jordan, Utah
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen miniature cheese ravioli
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the squash, zucchini, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain ravioli; top with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Squash Ravioli in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garden Squash Ravioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review