Garden Spinach-Potato Salad Recipe
Not only is this summer side dish something to look at, it's a treat for the taste buds, too. The medley of textures and garden-fresh ingredients perfectly compliment one another for a delightfully different potato salad.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and 1/4 cup vinegar. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining vinegar; sprinkle with garlic, salt, celery seed and pepper. Cool.
- 3. Add the spinach, bacon, dill, oil and cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 134 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC