Garden Spaghetti Salad Recipe
This refreshing salad is very popular with my family, especially in summer when crisp sweet corn is fresh. It is particularly good alongside a grilled meat entree. —Gloria O'Bryan, Boulder, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen lima beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; toss with oil. Add the next five ingredients; stir in three-fourths of the bacon.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Serve immediately or chill. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC