Garden Snake Sandwiches Recipe
Frozen dough streamlines assembly of this sandwich arranged like a slithering snake. Curry, raisins and sunflower kernels flavor the chicken salad inside.
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 2 ripe olive slices
- 1 green onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Arrange rolls in an S shape 1/2 in. apart on a large greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-35 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350° for 12-17 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, raisins, sunflower kernels, salt, pepper and curry powder. Split rolls in half horizontally (do not separate rolls). Layer with chicken mixture, lettuce and tomato slices; replace roll tops.
- 3. Use toothpicks to attach olive slices to first sandwich for snake's eyes. cut green portion of onion into tongue shape; insert into sandwich. Place cherry tomato halves on remaining sandwiches; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 260 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Garden Snake Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC