Garden Skillet Recipe
As part of our final exam in a gourmet cooking class, we had to improve upon an existing recipe and serve it to the other students. This was my class-approved creation. --GaleLynn Peterson, Long Beach, California
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the tomato, garlic, salt and cumin. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC