Garden Skillet Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the tomato, garlic, salt and cumin. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
To give the Garden Skillet a little more heat, toss in strips of jalapeno peppers and serve with taco sauce on the side.
1 each: 224 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.