Garden Skillet Supper Recipe
Our family gave this dish its name bedause I use whichever vegetables are in season in our garden patch. We grow and sell flowers, hergbs, grapes, pumpkins and fruit plus eggs and honey—all on 3-1/2 acres of land!—Suzan Hatcher, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet. Saute garlic, onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in browned beef, tomatoes and rice; cook until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Garden Skillet Supper
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2008
"Put bouillon cube in the rice water and use minute rice"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC