Our family gave this dish its name bedause I use whichever vegetables are in season in our garden patch. We grow and sell flowers, hergbs, grapes, pumpkins and fruit plus eggs and honey—all on 3-1/2 acres of land!—Suzan Hatcher, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet. Saute garlic, onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in browned beef, tomatoes and rice; cook until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Skillet Supper in Country Ground Beef 1993, p78
Reviews for Garden Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review