Our family gave this dish its name bedause I use whichever vegetables are in season in our garden patch. We grow and sell flowers, hergbs, grapes, pumpkins and fruit plus eggs and honey—all on 3-1/2 acres of land!—Suzan Hatcher, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet. Saute garlic, onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in browned beef, tomatoes and rice; cook until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Skillet Supper in Country Ground Beef 1993, p78
Reviews for Garden Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2008
"Put bouillon cube in the rice water and use minute rice"