Garden Shell Salad
Fresh basil marries the flavors of this splendid salad from Kathy Glasgow. The Marysville, California reader lightly dresses the dish, making it ideal with almost any entree.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the peas during
- the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, celery, red pepper and
- onion. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, basil,
- mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium,