Garden Shell Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the peas during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, celery, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Garden Shell Salad(3)
Sort By :
Used regular mayo and regular balsamic vinegar I had on hand. Omitted the red pepper and added chopped tomato. Excellent! Will be making this often!
I have made this several times. I really didn't know the impression it made on my family until my son's girlfriend called me to ask for the recipe. He had told her it was the best pasta salad he had ever tasted! She made it and called me back to thank me for her success.
I omit the vinegar, basil and mustard to better suit our taste. Adding cubed cooked ham to this easy salad makes it a main dish we enjoy during the hot summer months.
More Recipe Collections
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >