Garden Saute Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; gently stir. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 36 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable
Reviews for Garden Saute
"Very good. Spicy."
"I have made this many times, it's quick, healthy, you can use what you have and...only a skillet, cutting board and a spoon to wash when I have it ready!"