- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onions, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, jalapeno and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Garden Salsa
"I've been making this since TOH first published it. I love that it doesn't call for cilantro. I'm not a fan. I only make 2 slight changes to the recipe: My bf doesn't like vinegar, so I use lime juice instead. Also, I don't seed the jalapenos (and I don't measure them... I just add the whole pepper), and I add closer to 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper because we like it extra spicy. Everybody loves it!"
"Great taste doesn't need cilantro. I have two family members who despise cilantro they will love it!"
"We love this recipe. We make it when our veggies are fresh from our garden."