Garden Salad with Lemon Dressing Recipe
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow or green pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper rings. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey, chives, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing thickens. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup: 143 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garden Salad with Lemon Dressing
"The dressing is FABULOUS! It was so simple, yet flavorful and fresh. I made it for a potluck with great reviews! Will definitely make again and keep that dressing on hand!"