Garden Salad with Lemon Dressing Recipe
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow or green pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper rings. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey, chives, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing thickens. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 cups) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.