Garden's Plenty Meatballs
This is a wonderful dish to take to a potluck dinner...you're certain to come home with an empty dish. My sister shared the recipe with me several years ago. - Lyn Hook, PIcton, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in flour. In
- a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Transfer to a
- greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomatoes, carrots, pepper and
- onion. Pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 45
- minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
For a complete meal, serve Garden's Plenty Meatballs over hot cooked rice or pasta.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories,