Garden's Harvest Pickles Recipe
This relish recipe from a friend is similar to giardiniera only sweeter. I have a certain sense of pride when giving jars as gifts knowing all the vegetables were raised in my own garden.Linda Chapman, Meriden, Iowa
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch lengths)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, peppers and canning salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain; place in a stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 11 pints.
Originally published as Garden's Harvest Pickles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p211
Reviews for Garden's Harvest Pickles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2013
We make this type of mixture also, but, I think there might be a mistake here! Is there no water in this recipe?