Garden's Harvest Pickles Recipe
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch lengths)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard seed
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onions, peppers and canning salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain; place in a stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Carefully ladle hot mixture into 11 hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 11 pints.
1/4 cup: 30 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Garden's Harvest Pickles
"We make this type of mixture also, but, I think there might be a mistake here! Is there no water in this recipe?"