- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus and snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and immediately drop into ice water.
- Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and drop into ice water. Drain vegetables; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, lemon peel and salt. Add tomatoes and blanched vegetables to quinoa; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Top with pumpkin seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden Quinoa Salad
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. I have already made it several times this summer. I add sausage to it to make it a full meal. Makes great left overs.
Great summer flavor. Used yellow and orange peppers instead of asparagus and green beans (all I had on hand). I also topped with fresh grated parmasean. My husband couldn't get enough!
Very tasty and fresh. The perfect side for a summer meal. I made this with vegetables I had on hand; red/green peppers and plum tomatoes. I also doubled the dressing amount for a more concentrated flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Sugar Snap Peas >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >