Garden Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus and snap peas; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and immediately drop into ice water.
- 3. Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and drop into ice water. Drain vegetables; pat dry.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, lemon peel and salt. Add tomatoes and blanched vegetables to quinoa; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Top with pumpkin seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/4 cups with about 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds equals 417 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Garden Quinoa Salad
"My family loves this recipe. I have already made it several times this summer. I add sausage to it to make it a full meal. Makes great left overs."
"Great summer flavor. Used yellow and orange peppers instead of asparagus and green beans (all I had on hand). I also topped with fresh grated parmasean. My husband couldn't get enough!"
"Very tasty and fresh. The perfect side for a summer meal. I made this with vegetables I had on hand; red/green peppers and plum tomatoes. I also doubled the dressing amount for a more concentrated flavor."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.