Garden Primavera Fettuccine
“I created this side while trying to make broccoli Alfredo," writes Tammy Perrault of Lancaster, Ohio. "I kept adding fresh vegetables, and the result was this creamy pasta dish!”
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook fettuccine according to package directions,
- adding vegetables during the last 4 minutes. Drain and return to the
- Add Alfredo sauce and basil; toss to coat. Cook over low heat for 1-2
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without cheese) equals 165 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.