- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, carrot, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add V8 juice and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper; simmer 2 minutes longer or until peas are tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Primavera
Sort By :
"May increase the amount of V8 next time; found it to be a little flavorless. Felt it was a healthy choice, though."
"I needed about 1 1/4 cups of the V8 juice. The initial amount cooked off too quickly. Fresh and healthy dish that we would make again!"
"Using V8 is much better than canned tomatoes"