I made several changes to the original recipe for this pasta and vegetable toss to better suit our family's tastes. With its pretty color and fresh flavor, the meatless main dish is a favorite at our house. —Ann Heinonen of Howell, Michigan
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, carrot, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add V8 juice and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper; simmer 2 minutes longer or until peas are tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Primavera in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review