Garden Potato Pancakes Recipe
My family eats these all the time, and the pancakes don't even taste like they're full of fresh veggies. We especially like the cheese mixed in. —Peggy Roos, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Oil for frying
- Cracked black pepper and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a strainer or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, salt, pepper and basil until blended. Stir in onion, potato, carrot, corn, cheese and zucchini.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten slightly. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve with sour cream. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without sour cream) equals 269 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC