Garden Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry the pork until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and green pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, water and garlic powder until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (calculated without rice) equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer