Garden Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
From Mendota, Illinois, Kim Marie Van Rheenen shares her recipe for an easy all-in-one skillet supper that's brimming with fresh-from-the-garden flavor. It's a tasty way to make the most of seasonal produce--from your backyard veggie patch or the farmer's market.
- 1 pound boneless Pork Loin, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry the pork until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and green pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, water and garlic powder until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Pork Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garden Pork Stir-Fry(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
I used left over pork roast which made this very easy and fast. It was a very pleasant dish. I also added some pea pods.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >