Garden Pasta Salad
This salad includes not only garden vegetables but pasta too. It is a great side dish to any meal.—Bernard Bellin, Franklin, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral or cartwheel pasta
- 3 cups assorted chopped fresh or frozen vegetables
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey or ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Minced fresh parsley or basil, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse.
- Return pasta to the pan; add vegetables and toss. Cover for 3-5
- minutes. Vegetables will lightly steam in pasta.
- Place pasta in a large salad bowl. Top with three-fourths of the
- dressing and lightly toss. Chill several hours or overnight.
- If pasta is dry, add remaining dressing along with meat, cheese,
- olives, and parsley or basil if desired. Chill until serving. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.