Garden Party Salad
I knew I had to add this salad to my collection as soon as I sampled it at a garden club supper. I wasn't alone...everyone asked the woman who brought it for the recipe!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk first six ingredients until smooth; chill.
- Just before serving, combine chicken, raisins, almonds and parsley
- in a large bowl; add dressing and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 455 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.