- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add rice and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, peas and corn; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garden Paella
Sort By :
"This is my GO TO side dish when providing a meal for someone (or potluck)! Not only is it super yummy, but it can cover any major food allergy (I've used it for someone who is dairy-soy-gluten-nut-egg-fish sensitive...) I have made it so many times I now just throw in any vegetable I have lying around and it has never disappointed! I have also substituted smoked paprika for the regular paprika to give it a more complex taste."
"I forgot to give it the 5 stars it deserved. By the way, I don't change a thing except maybe fresh green beans over the frozen kind."
"I loved this recipe. I use it more as a side dish than a main meal. Flavorful, colorful and tasty - great for a dinner party."