Garden Olive Salad
"WE KNEW Mom had been shopping if we had this salad. The ingredients were always fresh. I can't remember on December Saturday that she didn't manage to serve our favorite salad."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add
- dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.