Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook the carrots, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the broth, V8 juice, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, green beans, macaroni and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Cook 5 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Garden Minestrone Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! I received several requests for the recipe and was also asked to bring it to our next family get together."
"Very savory!! I added sliced mushrooms and chopped celery to mine. I added more vegetable broth and about 1/4 cup more of V8 to account the addition above. I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used dried. Also, next time I will cook the veggies longer than 7 minutes, I don't feel that was enough time."