Kim Wenzel of Jefferson, Oregon tosses sauteed carrots, red pepper, zucchini and yellow squash with seasonings and dressing for a side dish filled with fresh flavors. “This combination is not only tasty and nutritious, its bright colors give it great eye-appeal,” she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and red pepper in butter for 4-6
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and
- parsley; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the salad dressing, pepper and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.