Garden Layered Salad Recipe
This salad will surely delight everyone at your party. It has a truly unique taste.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 12 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 9 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups halved sugar snap peas
- 3 cups sliced radishes
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 quarts assorted torn greens
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the first eight ingredients. Whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, chives, pepper, mustard, salt and garlic; pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Place 1 qt. of greens in three 4-qt. bowls; top each with 6 cups vegetable mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Yield: 50 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC