Garden Lasagna Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms and oil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles and cheese mixture. Top with 2-1/2 cups of zucchini. Layer with a third of the spaghetti sauce and half of the mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce. Top with tomato slices and remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining zucchini. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 436 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Garden Lasagna
"I have made this dozens of times! It is our favorite lasagna recipe."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.