- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms and oil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles and cheese mixture. Top with 2-1/2 cups of zucchini. Layer with a third of the spaghetti sauce and half of the mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce. Top with tomato slices and remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining zucchini. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Garden Lasagna in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p41
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Garden Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
I have made this dozens of times! It is our favorite lasagna recipe.