- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups (24 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms and oil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles and cheese mixture. Top with 2-1/2 cups of zucchini. Layer with a third of the spaghetti sauce and half of the mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce. Top with tomato slices and remaining sauce and mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining zucchini. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garden Lasagna
Sort By :
I have made this dozens of times! It is our favorite lasagna recipe.