Garden Herb Strip Steaks
Make a rub from thyme, oregano, lemon and garlic for big flavor on Strip steak.
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
4 ServingsTotal Time: 35 min. to 40 min.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine Seasoning ingredients in small bowl; reserve 2 teaspoons for
- garnish. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered,
- 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15
- minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness,
- turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Spring with reserved seasoning and salt, as
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.