Garden Herb Rice Salad Recipe
This recipe is so quick and tasty, you will want to make it for any get-together. It is best served chilled.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss well. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC