Garden Herb Rice Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss well. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 267 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Garden Herb Rice Salad
"The taste of the basil and mint really comes out in this salad, which is a nice change from pasta or potato salads. The other veggies lend color and crunch, although I left out the black olives - I don't consider black a very appetizing color."