- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss well. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Herb Rice Salad in Birds & Blooms June/July 1995, p55
Reviews for Garden Herb Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2011
The taste of the basil and mint really comes out in this salad, which is a nice change from pasta or potato salads. The other veggies lend color and crunch, although I left out the black olives - I don't consider black a very appetizing color.