This recipe is so quick and tasty, you will want to make it for any get-together. It is best served chilled.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, chilled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss well. Chill for 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Herb Rice Salad in Birds & Blooms June/July 1995, p55
Reviews for Garden Herb Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2011
"The taste of the basil and mint really comes out in this salad, which is a nice change from pasta or potato salads. The other veggies lend color and crunch, although I left out the black olives - I don't consider black a very appetizing color."