Garden Herb Drop Biscuits Recipe
Since we live in military housing, we usually doesn't have much yard space for a garden. We decided to purchase our own 5th-wheel travel trailer that stays in a park, so now I have herbs and vegetables growing anywhere I can put them! I like using my my veggies and herbs in new dishes, and this one was especially great.—Dreama Crump, Hephzibah, Georgia
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup milk, sour cream and mustard until blended. Add to baking mix mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2-in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg with remaining milk; brush over tops. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Garden Herb Drop Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Garden Herb Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review