- flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each portion into a 15-in. rope.
- Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal
- and tuck under. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- melted butter. Combine herbs; sprinkle over bread. Remove from pan
- to a wire rack to cool.
- Yield: 1 loaf. (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.