Garden Ham 'n' Noodles Recipe
"This blend of ingredients makes a very filling and comforting dish," writes Adena Foster of Kernersville, North Carolina. "I especially like to make it in summer when there's an abundance of fresh zucchini and carrots."
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, carrots and zucchini. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cream, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and corn; cook until heated through.
- 3. Drain noodle mixture; stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 354 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC