Garden Ham 'n' Noodles Recipe
"This blend of ingredients makes a very filling and comforting dish," writes Adena Foster of Kernersville, North Carolina. "I especially like to make it in summer when there's an abundance of fresh zucchini and carrots."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, carrots and zucchini. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cream, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and corn; cook until heated through.
- 3. Drain noodle mixture; stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 354 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC